Sunday, March 1, 2015

Splitboarding

I've been split-boarding for a long time now.  I first discovered this gadget when i was living in Utah in 1995.   My Friend Brad Scheuffele was working at Salty Peaks at the time and they had a Voile Split-board as a demo.   I took it out in the Wasatch to a place i was Snowshoeing before and i was blown away at the ease of Skinning up instead of lifting your foot and climbing.  I got in like 5 runs and normally i would have gotten maybe 2.  Another Thing i was blown away was that the fact that you didn't have to carry your board up,,  The same thing you were using to climb up was the same thing you were riding down on.   I ended up Filming a Whole Video Part on a Burton Split-board for TB9.   I wanted to show people that these boards could be ridden in all typed of terrain in the backcountry.   Today I still Love when i get a chance to get out and skin around in the backcountry, but i don't get to do it as much as i'd like.  The new setup i'm riding is a Landlord split,  Hitchhiker bindings ( Colabaraton between Spark R&D and Burton ) G3 Skins and Black Diamond Poles.  The puck system with Volie/Burton for the Channel is so easy to adjust and get your correct stance.  These photos were from a Day in the Sierra Nevada Mountains in early Feb 2015.



Selfie 


Skier going up 



selfie up top 

Snowboard mode 

Ski Mode 


Skinning up 

No comments:

Post a Comment